[Fredslist] Need a Home Heating Service Company in NJ

Richard Klein rdk at millerconsulting.net
Thu Dec 27 18:25:13 EST 2007

Gotham -

My wife and I recently purchased a home in Madison, NJ and  I have some
questions about our natural gas powered, cast iron boiler.

It's about 20 years old and seems in decent condition (the useful life
tends to be approx. 25 - 30 years), but I find that I am adding water
more often than I would have expected.  I don't have a lot of
familiarity with this type of heating system, and can't find a whole lot
about the older models online. (There's plenty to read about the newer
ones, and efficiency ratings, but not as much about the maintenance of
this particular type of boiler).

I'd really like to be able to bounce some questions off someone who's
had some experience with them.  Is there anyone out there in Gothamland
who is either familiar with this, or who can recommend a quality service
company in my area?

Many thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Rich Klein

The Miller Consulting Group, Inc.