[Fredslist] New Gotham Green Project

Fred Klein fklein at kleinzelman.com
Wed Dec 5 12:07:55 EST 2007

Please read below.  Thanks.

__________________________________
Fred C. Klein
Klein Zelman Rothermel LLP
485 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 935-6020
fklein at legal.org
http://www.kleinzelman.com
http://www.gothamnetworking.com
----- Forwarded by Fred Klein/KZRD on 12/05/2007 12:07 PM -----

             "Fred Klein"
             <fklein at kleinzelm
             an.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  fredslist at gothamnetworking.com
             fredslist-bounces                                          cc
             @gothamnetworking         MattMazer at aol.com
             .com                                                  Subject
                                       [Fredslist] New Gotham Green
                                       Project
             12/04/2007 03:16
             PM

One of our most fascinating groups is Gail Koelln's GOtham GREEN Group as
its members are less concerned about business and more concerned about
truly saving the world (see more about this in my blog this Friday).  With
this wonderful mindset thanks to Gail and the Group (special thanks to Lew
Tesser and my fellow Friar Matt Mazer) for conceiving the below project.
Through it and other initiatives to come we can truly make a difference and
help save the world.  Please read below and respond to Gail.  Thanks.

__________________________________
fklein at legal.org
http://www.kleinzelman.com
http://www.gothamnetworking.com
----- Forwarded by Fred Klein/KZRD on 12/04/2007 03:10 PM -----

             "Gail Koelln"
             <gkgrantwriting at v
             erizon.net>                                                To
             Sent by:                  <green at gothamnetworking.com>,
             green-bounces at got         <green-guest at gothamnetworking.com>
             hamnetworking.com                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/03/2007 05:29          [Green] New Gotham Green Project
             PM

Gotham Green Members and Friends,

I am writing to inform you of one of the most exciting projects that Gotham
Networking has ever embarked on.

As you know, this past year has seen the emergence of Gotham Green (now
also known as GOtham GREEN).  A small group of Gotham Green members and
friends gathered recently to come up with ideas for a major project (we
dubbed the group the “Save the World” Committee!).

Gotham Green is comprised of all aspects of Gotham and of New
York—construction and real estate, commerce and industry, finance, public
relations, media, the arts, academia, law and the physical and social
sciences.

Many individuals and businesses would like to be associated with and obtain
the public relations benefits of being “green.”  We would like the benefits
for everyone—businesses, consumers, our planet—to be real.  It is our goal
to create standards by which all entities in New York can apply to Gotham
Green for a certificate or some other form of acknowledgment that they have
met such standards, as the construction business now actively pursues LEED
certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.  We hope to also have
an annual awards day at which we will present companies with recognition of
their achievements.

Although there are many groups that are working to heal the earth, we know
of no organization that is as inter-disciplinary as Gotham and which, for
now, is focused on New York. Through our extensive network, we have the
capacity to make Gotham Green certification an important event. Together,
through this wonderful project, we can encourage all of New York to be a
part of GOtham GREEN.  By extension, when New York goes green, so can the
world.

I am writing to request your participation and ideas.  If you would like to
be a charter part of this urgent endeavor, please let me know.  All of your
ideas are welcome and very much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Gail

Gail Koelln
President
GK Grant Writing
82-52 211 Street
Hollis Hills, NY 11427
phone (718) 776-7284
fax (718) 776-9806
email gkoelln at gkgrantwriting.com or gkgrantwriting at verizon.net
www.gkgrantwriting.com

P Think of the environment - Do You Really Need to Print This Email?
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Secs 2510-2521 and is legally
privileged. This e-mail, and any documents attached, may contain
confidential information belonging to the sender which is protected by the
work product and/or other privileges.

This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named, and may
contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the
contents of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
email in error,  please delete the email and notify the sender if we are
sending you  materials in error.

Circular 230 Disclosure Notice. To insure compliance with requirements
imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any tax advice
that may be contained in this communication (including any attachments) is
not intended or  written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of
voiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or any state or local tax
law to which a  governmental requirement similar to Circular 230
applies.***