[Fredslist] Need help buying a good road bicycle...

David Henry david at telenoticiasusa.com
Fri Aug 24 12:32:16 EDT 2007

I am looking to buy a decent (not ridiculous) road bike.  I've been to
Toga's and Sids and have been given somewhat similar but conflicting advice.
I'd love to get some honest feedback from anyone who knows about these
bikes.  Also, if someone has a good contact or knows the best place/best
place for the money to buy, let me know.

Since I am 6'6" tall, there are challenges with the right frame size.  Both
the Specialized Allez and Roubaix have been recommended as probably the best
option for me (unless I go custom, and I don't want to spend that much!).
If I were custom fit I'd probably be on a 63 cm frame; the largest
Specialized makes is a 61cm, but I'm told they can fit the bike to me.  If
you have any advice or feedback, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

David

David P. Henry

President