[Fredslist] Need help w/ Dept of Bldgs

Lawrence Jackson-Rosen lj-rnyc at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 20 21:21:54 EDT 2007

Dear Gothamites:

PLEASE HELP!  The NYC Dept of Buildings is dragging their feet on
inspecting/ok-ing work that has been done to our co-op bldg.  We have been
without gas (dryers, stoves) for over 3 months due to a gas leak.  All the
work has been completed competently by a good contractor.  Someone at the
DOB confessed to our super that the DOB "has it in" for our building--due to
the past irresponsibility of the building's sponsors and the previous
management company, which we've fired.  Everyone in our building (over 100
units) is being forced to suffer due to some pissing contest between City
workers and people who no longer have control of the building.  Everyone
here, especially the new management company, has done their best to meet all
the City's requirements fully and swiftly.  We can't use our kitchens or
clean our clothes due to obstinate ego issues at the City.  Can someone
please come to our rescue?

Lawrence Jackson-Rosen
LJ-RNYC at hotmail.com