[Fredslist] Renatto/Seeling re Brooklyn Restaurant

IrisWolinsky at aol.com IrisWolinsky at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 17:43:09 EDT 2007

A few months back I requested suggestions for a Brooklyn  restaurant and
here's what I got:

   Blue Ribbon on 5th Avenue in Park Slope

   Thomas Beisl, which is an Austrian restaurant (schnitzel,  goulash, etc.),
there's a wonderful Senegalese restaurant called Keur N 'Deye at  737 Fulton,
a couple of blocks from BAM, there's a terrific Italian restaurant  on
Lafayette about a block and a half from BAM (can't remember the name) by  Fulton.
There's a nice little French bistro called Café Lafayette, right  off Fulton on
Portland.

the BEST Italian restaurant in Brooklyn...Noodle Pudding...everything is
homemade and fabulous. I believe they are on DeGraw but you would have to look
them up.

Porchetta is new and good.  Bar Tabac for classic French  bistro.   am also
particularly fond of 5 Front, which is on the edge  of Dumbo (in the vicinity
of River Cafe).

The Queen Italian Restaurant on Court Street in Brooklyn  Heights between
Schermerhorn and Livingston Streets...food is  excellent.  They have a daily
price fixed dinner served 7 days a week  for $24.95, but check for the exact
time...I believe it is between  4;30-6:00 PM.

Tonio's on 7th Avenue between 7th and 8th Street in Park Slope.  It  should
cost, for two people with a couple of drinks, about $90.

If you don't mind the wait Noodle Pudding is on Henry Street between  Middagh
and Cranberry St.  If not there is a  new cute French bistro not too
expensive right on the same block where you won't  have a wait.  A super lovely foodie
restaurant is Henry's End which is on  the same block as well.

I recommend DuMont Burgers, Top 1!
They are soooooo  delicious.  More info
_http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/41828729_
(http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/41828729)