[Fredslist] Great Presentation by 3 Gothamites

BAdolf1006 at aol.com BAdolf1006 at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 19:32:58 EDT 2007

Susan Sommers, Diane DiResta and Mike Landrum were wonderful as the panel
for the HRNY program "Playing the Part:: The Critical Role of Dress, Dialogue
and Demeanor in Business Success." The program was held at the Yale Club today.
 We had a sell out crowd of more than 60 attendees and had to turn people
away  because we couldn't accommodate them all. The audience was HR
professionals.

Attendees had high praise for the panelists, and the panelists  themselves
said they learned from one another. As moderator, I was  able to gauge the
audience's reactions; people were mesmerized. --  when not laughing at Mike's witty
comments.

Some tips were:

Lack of preparation is the single thing people do that undermines a formal
presentation (Diane).

The most important thing to do as an interviewer is listen. (Mike)

Business casual is more dressed up than many people think. (Susan).

I personally want to thank Susan, Mike and Diane for sharing your insights
and knowledge with my association. One attendee told me it was one of the most
informative programs she has been to in a long time.

Barbara P.  Adolf
President
Barbara Adolf Consulting Inc.
70 West 95 Street