[Fredslist] Help From Gotham Needed

Donald Bernstein dbernstein at victorbernstein.com
Mon Apr 23 09:17:35 EDT 2007

Dear Gotham,

When I first signed up to join the Walk Out of the Darkness to help
bring suicide and mood disorders into the light, I knew that I had to
raise at least $1,000 in order to join the cause.  I had no idea if I
could.  I set my goal at $1,000.  After reaching that in two days, I
raised my goal to $5,000.  I blasted through that and then tried to
reach $7,500. Soon my donations reached that amount.  Now, a little over
one month later, I have raised $8,280. My new goal is to top $10,000,
and I will not stop until I raise that final $1,800.

The walk is on June 9th starting before midnight, and ends 20 miles
later at sunrise.  I am walking with my daughter Hilary and my sister
Alison with thousands of others.  As you know, I lost my father to
suicide fifteen years ago.  I will be walking in his memory, and to help
bring this issue into the light.

I read an article in yesterday's New York Times that I found shocking.
The article analyzed deaths cause by guns and broke down the number of
annual gun deaths by cause -- homdicide, police and accidental
shootings, and suicides. According to the figures in that article, more
than half of all gun deaths in the U.S. are suicides. And it cuts
through all ages.

The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is at the forefront of
this battle.  Please help them.  And please help me reach my goal.  Many
Gotham members have already contributed, and I thank each of you deeply.
I am asking again so that I can raise another $1,800, which is what I
need to pass my $10,000 goal.  All donations are 100% tax deductible.
You can contribute on line on my fundraising page at
www.theovernight.org/fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=10008020
.  Or you can mail a check to me at 18 East 41st St, 10th floor, New
York, NY 10017 made payable to AFSP.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Donald Bernstein