[Fredslist] MYTHS (promo)

Howard W. Bersch howard at hwbinsurance.com
Fri Apr 13 07:53:15 EDT 2007

EXPOSING LONG-TERM CARE MYTHS

Myth

Long-term care is for older people-I'll never need it.

Long-term care means going to a nursing home.

Medicare or Medicaid will pay my long-term care expenses.

I'll use my savings to pay for long-term care expenses.

Fact

Even with modern medical miracles, today's baby boomers are facing an almost
1 in 2 chance of needing long term care or assistance with daily activities
at some point in their lives.

50% of all Americans over the age of 65 will enter a nursing home sometime
during their lifetime. However, health care institutions provide only 22% of
long-term care. Almost 78% of that care is provided at home or in a
community program.

Medicare covers only 100 days of skilled care following a hospital stay.
Medicaid will cover long-term care only for those with no money. In
addition, new regulations limit transferring assets to family members before
applying for Medicaid coverage.

Current annual costs of long-term care average more than $70,000.  Projected
costs are expected to triple in 30 years.

BUY LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE

Take Care of Tomorrow Today!

PLEASE CONTACT HOWARD W.BERSCH

201-567-3236