[Fredslist] FW: Ex-Gothamite and the fight against Lung Cancer

Madelyn Sussman Madelyn.Sussman at americanhm.com
Mon Apr 9 12:25:56 EDT 2007

Please see below regarding a former Gothamite

Dear Gothamites:

I have never set out a plea such as this before.
Some of you probably remember Joan Wallach, AXA Advisors and a fellow
Gothamite from the Women's Group. I have had the pleasure of knowing and
loving Joan and bringing her to the Women's Group. Gotham was her
favorite networking group. She so loved the women's group and the
connection with the ladies there. Unfortunately she was not given the
time to be part of it for very long as she was diagnosed in May, 2005
with Stage IV lung cancer. She last smoked over 20 years ago.

She has put up a very strong and brave battle but I fear it is coming to
the end. Her son and daughter-in-law gave her a beautiful granddaughter
during this time and her daughter just got married in October, 2006.
That was the last time Joan was out in public.

Her daughter is requesting assistance in "finding the cure" by donating
to our team as we "walk to find the cure" at the 5th Annual Thomas G
Labrecque Classic.

Please note the picture of Joan on the site is from her daughter's
wedding.
She was by far, the most beautiful "mother of the bride" any of us have
ever seen.

Please consider donating.

With much love and gratitude,

Jacqui Atcheson