[Fredslist] Fundraising for Arts & Culture

Geri Thomas gthomas at artstaffing.com
Sun Sep 24 10:26:31 EDT 2006

Dear Gothamites:  Wanting to know more about arts and cultural
fundraising? There's still time to register for my popular Fundraising for
the Arts course at NYU.  In one weekend, you'll be able to find money and
resources for non-profit arts and cultural organizations.  A recent
participant obtained $150K for her organization based on the work she did
in this class. Please let me know if you have any questions.  Cheers!
Geri Thomas, President, Thomas & Associates, Inc., www.artstaffing.com

Fundraising for the Arts
Weekend of October 6-8, 2006
Friday, Saturday, Sunday - 10am-5pm
Midtown Location
X03.9710 / Non–Credit FALL 2006
NYU -- School of Continuing and Professional Studies

To Register:  online:
http://www.scps.nyu.edu/departments/course.jsp?catId=12&courseId=66738; or
call:  212.998.7171.

Gain an understanding of the basic principles of fundraising for the arts
from both public and private sources, and learn techniques, skills, and
strategies for implementing an effective fundraising plan in challenging
times. Central issues discussed include recent fundraising trends;
assessing organizational readiness and making the "case"; the role and
resources of the board, staff, and volunteers; how to identify potential
supporters and sustain relationships with public, private, and individual
donors; how to communicate effectively through written and oral
presentations; and the core competencies needed for a career in arts and
cultural fundraising.