[Fredslist] Member of Suth Asian Chapter posting request

Niti Anand nanand at lidi.com
Tue Nov 7 15:31:06 EST 2006

I have a brother well qualified looking for an internship in the NY area
incorporating his medical and technology background.  See his info below and
resume attached:

 My name is Alok Anand, and I am a third year student at TUSM.  I am
currently pursuing a joint MD/MALD degree with the Fletcher School of Law
and diplomacy.  Prior to coming to Tufts University, I did my undergraduate
work in Cognitive Neuroscience and Computer Science, and worked as a
software engineer for a number of years in Japan.  I am particularly
interested in the use of imaging technologies, where the use of artificial
intelligence and imaging enhancement can be used to improve the diagnostic
qualities of commonly used modalities.  In addition, as part of my
International Law and Diplomacy pursuits, I am interested in exploring how
technology can impact the role of health care in the developing world.  As
such, my clinical focus has come to radiology, and realizing this is a
challenging field with a number of possible paths, I am seeking
opportunities to explore the fields of medicine and imaging.Loading... No
message is selected
Click any message to view it in the reading pane. Attachments, pictures, and
links from unknown senders are blocked to help protect your privacy and
safety.

To show messages automatically when you select a folder, change your reading
pane settings
1 message is selected
Report & delete | Allow sender

Niti Anand, B.S., M.S.
COO
Long Island Diagnostic Imaging
www.lidi.com
(o) 631 689-3422
(c) 516 318-7721
nanand at lidi.com
-------------- next part --------------
ALOK AZAD ANAND

Alok.Anand at tufts.edu
390 Commonwealth Avenue #405
Boston, MA 02215
(617) 848-0946

Education

2004-2008 Tufts University School of Medicine Boston, MA

Candidate for Doctor of Medicine, degree expected May 2008
Joint degree with The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
Course highlights: Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Nutrition in Medicine

2003-2008 The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy Medford, MA

Candidate for Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy, degree expected May 2008
Focus: Development Economics and Securities Studies
Course Highlights: International Politics and Security, Microeconomics, Development Economics, Intellectual
Property Law, Politics of Sustainable Development, Negotiations, International Finance/Accounting

1997-2001 Brown University Providence, RI

Bachelor of Science in Cognitive Neuroscience
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science

1994-1997 Phillips Exeter Academy Exeter, NH

Cum Laude

Work and Leadership Experience

2001-2003 Goldman Sachs International Japan Ltd. Tokyo, Japan

Maintained trading clearance and settlement systems for international and japanese securities.
Worked with users to design graphical interface: assessing users needs, deploying prototypes, actively soliciting user
feedback, designing and implementing improvements, and following up with users

2002-2003 Ashinaga Foundation, Japan Tokyo, Japan

Led office-sponsored group of volunteer to teach English to Japanese university students,
Formulated lesson plans, Coordinated scheduling of teachers and assistants, Instructed classes

1998-2001 Brown University Computing Information Services Providence, RI

Project Manager: Organized Projects to increase software support services to university community.
Designed projects to enhance productivity and scheduling of staff resources for maximum coverage of personnel
while incorporating individual preferences.

Travel/Study Abroad

Summer 1999 International Christian University Tokyo, Japan

Combined home stay/language immersion program

Fall 1997 Externat Notre Dame Grenoble, France

Course Highlights: Advanced French Stylistics, Language, Literature, Theater

Travel: India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, England, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Canada

Languages

French: Advanced Professional Proficiency, Hindi: 2 years university study, Japanese: 4 years university study with 2 years residence
in Japan, Arabic: elementary, Panjabi: elementary, English: native.

Technical skills

Linux/Unix, Apache, Java, C/C++, Perl, HTML, Excel, Powerpoint, Sybase SQL

Activities/ Interests

Latin Dancing, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Building Computers, Reading, Cooking