[Fredslist] DC Activities

Geri Thomas gthomas at artstaffing.com
Sun May 28 14:47:47 EDT 2006

No trip to DC would be complete without strolling on the Mall and visiting
several museums:  The Museum of the American Indian is brand new and is
popular with families.  The Air and Space Museum is the most visited
museum in the world -- crowded, but I go for the moon rocks. Away from the
Mall -- visit the National Museum of Women in the Arts, currently with a
show by NY artists Chakhai Booker (she works with used tires and is
fantastic) and, the Hillwood Museum -- the former home of Marjorie
Maryweather Post (of Post Toasties fame -- lovely setting and this is the
first museum to identify Gays and Lesbians as a donor target group --
great decorative arts, house and grounds. And then, of course, currently
the most popular in DC -- The Spy Museum.  And, the most poignant war
memorial in the country -The Vietnam Memorial by Maya Lin.   Restaurant
for adults:  701 (at 701 Pennsylvania Avenue) and others in this hot area
and my favorite DC restaurant thus far.  Kids and adults would like most
of the Ethiopian restaurants in the cool Adams Morgan neighborhood.  Best,
Geri

Geri Thomas, President
Thomas & Associates, Inc.
www.artstaffing.com