[Fredslist] Looking at a MAC network, have questions

Jennifer T. Naylor naylorjt at optonline.net
Tue May 23 12:37:44 EDT 2006

Gothamites:

I'm looking at creating a Mac-based network in my house, and have gotten
  some excellent information at TekServe. Because some of the technology
is new, I welcome comments from any of you who are familiar with or
currently using some of these applications.

My goal is secure access from two separate machines/locations to a
centalized data repository.

I'm looking at two machines networked, through an NetGear or LinkSys
router, and 2 fire-wire external hard drives as my central data
repository. These are the wild cards:

1. Mac's Bootcamp application that allows boot up to either PC or Mac
environment;

2. Powerline network adaptor that creates an ethernet network over your
power lines.

Thanks in advance for comments and considerations.

Jennifer Naylor