[Fredslist] Gotham At Black Public Relations Society-New York

Michael Millis Michael_Millis at msn.com
Tue May 23 02:38:46 EDT 2006

Hello along the network,

The Diversity Networking Dinner Series, which I designed for Black Public Relations
Society-New York, made its debut at Negril Village restaurant last Thursday evening.
The event was a great success. Support from Gotham members who attended was a
big part of that success.

Special thanks go to Helen Anderson (Diversity Group), who, now and forever, will
have the distinction of being the very first guest to speak at the very first Diversity
Networking Dinner; Devika Kamboh (South Asian Group), who was second to speak
and forayed into a little stand-up comedy; David Henry (Hispanic Group), who has
been a big supporter of the event since I first announced it at Hispanic Group; Mary
Lee (Asian Networking Group), who has offered to advise BPRS-NY in database
and technical development; Ed Bienstock (Commerce Group), who, along with
David Henry, has joined BPRS-NY as a new member; and Linda Newman (GC,
Hispanic Group). It was truly an honor to have Gotham's own Queen of Networking
at this debut networking event.

Many thanks, also, to Jeanne Parnell, who interviewed me about the Black Public
Relations Society and the Diversity Networking Dinner for her live morning show on
WHCR Radio last Wednesday.

As David Henry mentioned in his Fred's List posting yesterday (thanks very much,
David), a lot of great networking went on at the Dinner among a wide range of
businesspeople, not just black PR professionals. The event officially ended at
9:00 PM, but the conversation and networking went on until just past 10:00 PM.

Racial diversity in the public relations, marketing, and communications industries has
been discussed, and discussed, and discussed in very circular manners over the past
ten years. Black Public Relations Society-New York intends to put initiatives and
programs in place to finally, actually get something done. The racial rainbow among
the faces of those who attended last Thursday's networking event and the enthusiasm
in the room that evening indicates that we are on the right track and off to a pretty
good start.

Again, thanks so very much to all the Gotham members who joined Black Public
Relations Society-New York at the Diversity Networking Dinner last Thursday
evening. I will keep you updated on future events.

For more information about Black Public Relations Society-New York, log on to
our new Web site at www.bprsny.org<http://www.bprsny.org/>.

Have a good day today, Gotham.

All the very best for continued success.

Mike Millis
Black Public Relations Society-New York Board of Directors
Vice President Special Events

Gotham Hispanic Group

MX2 MEDIA
Special Events Design, Production, and Coordination

"Making Exciting Things Happen."

(718) 434-7879