[Fredslist] Please help a single mother seeking employment

Linda Queenie Newman lindarnewman at verizon.net
Wed May 17 07:34:27 EDT 2006

Good morning Gotham,

Please see if Gotham can waive its magic wand and help this single mother
find a job.  Contact me via e-mail and I will forward all opportunities.

Gothamly,

Linda

Linda R. Newman

Third Generation Insurance Broker

lindarnewman at verizon.net

Nikki Montenegro

Objective

To acquire a challenging position utilizing my skills in line with my work
experience and educational background of which will allow for growth in the
area of administration.

Professional experience

Sept. 00 - Present McGraw-Hill Companies, Manufacturing Services, New York,
NY

Production Supervisor

	Initiate, track and process purchase orders; Coordinate and monitor
publishing schedules with vendors and business units; Generate and
communicate status reports based on scheduling and tracking information;
Identify potential issues and coordinate trouble-shooting methods to avoid
production delays; Track costs to ensure budgetary requirements are met;
Provide support to the VP of Manufacturing Services as well as support for
five people within the department as needed; Prepare and maintain
departmental information, including timesheets, expense reports, contracts
and invoice payments.

Aug. 99 - Sept. 00 McGraw-Hill Companies, Professional Book Group, New York,
NY

Editorial Assistant

	Served as the primary link between Acquisition Editors and authors;
Coordinated the editorial and production process; Handled the preparation
and tracking of incoming manuscripts for publication; Transmitted
manuscripts; Prepared contracts; Secured permissions; Assisted with
scheduling of titles; Initiated payments for advances, grants, and invoices;
Tracked monthly sales of key titles; Prepared monthly reports and P&L
statements; Coordinated travel arrangements for editors; Trained newly hired
editorial assistants; Supervised contract employees; Answered phones;
Entered data; Provided customer service; Ordered office supplies.

Education

Sept. 94 - June 99 Baruch College, CUNY

	Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Journalism

	Minor in Elementary Education

Computer Skills

Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Lawson,
QuickBooks, Fox- Pro; WordPerfect, Internet

Volunteer experience

St. Francis of Assisi Church, New York, NY

Liturgical and Eucharistic Minister

St. Bartholomew Church, Queens, NY

Liturgical Minister