[Fredslist] Gotham's First Lefty Lunch @ The Friars Club...

Zinkowski, Julia julia.zinkowski at citigroup.com
Fri Mar 31 01:32:01 EST 2006

Hello Gothamites!

On Wednesday 22 lefties united for lunch! there were 14 men & 8 women thus supporting the statistic that there are more lefty men than women. This lunch was an interesting concept thought up by our own Gothamite Kelly Welles!

Fred lead the way through lunch with insightful prepared lefty trivia. As we went around the table making our introductions, Fred shared names of well known lefties which somehow added a significant amount of humor, one of those "you had to be there moments".
Everyone shared some facts from their childhood and it was apparent that most of us had been impacted in some way or another by our unique trait.  At one point as you looked around the table, it seemed odd to see everyone eating with the same hand and motion, as if all synchronized and planned.  I do believe there were one or two who dared to eat righty but professed to be lefties with that one exception. An added value to a lefty lunch was that no one had to look for an end seat to avoid arm wrestling while they ate!  NFL coach Allie Sherman was our lefty lunch guest who shared some athletic lefty info.

This was a fun and different idea...and all agreed that "lefties" are the only ones in their right minds! I left out many details to keep this e-mail short and attached a poem that was prepared by Fred's own Dana Charlton Zarro that captures it all!

Regards,

Julia Zinkowski, VP
Commercial Business Group
1 Reckson Plaza