[Fredslist] Fwd: Get Ahead on Spring Cleaning - Donate to the Prom Closet!

Rebecca Selvenis selvenisr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 17:58:44 EST 2006

 Dear Gotham:

Just in time for Spring Cleaning, the Friends of the High School for
Leadership and Public Service (Fred's favorite school) announce the annual
"Prom Closet" to benefit seniors at the school. Last year, well over 60
young women participated in the event, which garnered major media attention
for the high school and Syracuse University. This year, we need your help to
top last year's donation of over 75 dresses!

As the average cost of attending prom continues to rise (recent news
articles state that attending prom can now cost upwards of $1000 a couple),
it's getting harder for our students to afford the dress, hair, dinner,
transportation and ticket costs. We're attempting to alleviate some of the
pressure that goes along with prom by offering students dresses at no-costs.
Students will have the chance to browse through dresses in a boutique-like
environment at the High School, complete with a stylist and make-up artist
offering tips on big-night beauty.

So here's how to get involved: Raid your closet, raid your roommate's
closet, your daughter's closet and your mother's closet to find lightly-worn
dresses. With the way dress sizes run, we'd appreciate receiving dresses in
sizes 8 and up. Remember that we're looking for dresses a 15-18 year old
would wear, so forget about the prom dress from 1983 or the bridesmaid dress
from 1992!

Drop Off Locations:

Lubin House
11 East 61st Street (Between Madison and Fifth Avenues)
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Fridays 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

High School for Leadership and Public Service
90 Trinity Place
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

Prom Closet will be held on April 27th, so please be sure to drop off your
donated garb no later than April 25th.

If you don't have dresses, don't despair. We're also taking donations of
handbags, jewelry and shoes. As always, thanks very much for your continued
support of the High School for Leadership and Public Service. We're excited
to make this year's Prom Closet a great event for all involved. Please feel
free to contact
"*supromcloset at gmail.com*<http://us.f315.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=supromcloset@gmail.com>"
with any questions.

 Rebecca Selvenis