[fredslist] "A No Agenda Networking Cocktail Party" on Long Island

David Abeshouse davidlaw at optonline.net
Fri Mar 24 17:22:40 EST 2006

Fellow Gothamites:

A little bit of cross-pollination is in the works -- I'd like to invite any
and all to attend the next public event presented by another group in which
I'm involved: the Long Island Entrepreneurs Group, Inc. (a not-for-profit
corp.).  You can learn more about the group at our website:
http://www.LIEG.org

Have you ever noticed that at those business events where there's a featured
speaker, it's difficult to pull away from all the networking going on
beforehand, and get settled to listen to the presenter?  Well, at this one
you won't have to, because we've omitted the presenter.  It's all
networking, without the agenda.

There'll be great people, wonderful food (the menu reads like it's from a
quality wedding reception), good beverages, a beautiful location (Fox
Hollow), and "no agenda."  If LIEG were not subsidizing a large part of the
cost, the ticket price would be triple what is being charged.

In the unlikely event that any tickets will be available at the door, it'll
be cash or check only -- no credit cards.  But this event is destined to be
a sellout, probably weeks in advance (that's happened with some of our
events in the past, and we feel it's only fair to warn you not to wait
before making your reservation for this one -- which means actual payment by
check received).  It's first come, first served -- and there is a capacity
limit at the room.

I hope to see a good number of Gotham members at this event: the "No Agenda
Networking Cocktail Party" on the evening of May 18, 2006 at the Fox Hollow,
on Jericho Turnpike in Woodbury.  Vicious rumor has it that our fearless
leader, Fred Klein, hopes to be there.  For more information, please e-mail
me, or the address on the attached flyer, or go to LIEG's website.

Have a good weekend,

David Abeshouse
Gotham L.I.