[Fredslist] A Vignette from the Inaugural Open House Meeting

Linda Queenie Newman lindarnewman at verizon.net
Tue Mar 21 11:46:53 EST 2006

Good Morning Fellow Gothamites,

Here's a report from the Inaugural Meeting of Gotham's newest Group, Open
House.

The Gotham database is a treasure trove of inquiries for membership to
Gotham.  It is not presently known how many of the e-mail addresses are out
of date.

With the idea that there were people lurking in the database who wanted to
attend a Gotham meeting, I placed  dozens of inquiries from the site to the
Gotham Open House database.

Here's just one story from the luncheon:

Laraine Mancuso, a guest of Gotham Open House stated that she had no idea
how she was invited to the meeting.

Here's how:

On February 9, 2004, Lorraine Mancuso submitted an inquiry to the Gotham
website saying that Gotham member, Diane DiResta recommended she attend a
meeting.

Two years later and (because she has the same e-mail address), Laraine
attended GO.

So, here's what I want everyone to do:  If you have friends and colleagues
who are interested in Gotham and/or have been interested in the past and
have been "conflicted out", please send their names, their e-mail addresses
and their company names to me and I will include them in the database for
the next GO meeting, Thursday, April 27th.

Hey, you never know, and I never do know (self-proclaimed Queen of
Networking's personal motto).

Gothamly,

Linda, Group Coordinator
Gotham Open House