[Fredslist] Fw: Michigan Law Student Thinking Ahead

Fred Klein fklein at kzrd.com
Thu Jun 29 11:30:51 EDT 2006

Please see below from Anna Nesterova, a highly recommended Michigan Law
student looking ahead to summer employment next year.  If interested please
reply to her directly.  Thank you.

__________________________________
Fred C. Klein
Klein, Zelman, Rothermel & Dichter, L.L.P
485 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 935-6020
fklein at legal.org
http://www.kzrd.com
http://www.gothamnetworking.com
----- Forwarded by Fred Klein/KZRD on 06/29/2006 11:27 AM -----

             lawanna at umich.edu

             AM                        fklein at legal.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       hello from the nlrb summer clerk

Dear Mr. Klein,

As per the recommendation of Judge Fish for whom I am currently
clerking for at the NLRB, I am attaching my cover letter and resume for
any next summer's associate positions as word documents. In addition
below is another copy of my cover letter.

I greatly appreciate your help in this matter and thank you in advance
for forwarding my resume to your networking group!

Best Wishes,

Anna Nesterova

University of Michigan School of Law
J.D. Candidate, Dec. 2007

June 29, 2006

Dear Mr. Fred  Klein:

As per the recommendation of Judge Steven Fish from the National Labor
Relations Board, Division of Judges, I am writing to see if you may
know of a summer associate position at a labor/employment firm for the
summer of 2007.  Judge Fish mentioned that you were a part of a
networking group who may be interested in taking a look at my resume.
I would greatly appreciate if you could forward it to them as well.

I am a second year law student at the University of Michigan where I
have served as treasurer of the Labor Law Roundtable as well as
participated in moot court.  In addition I have clerked for Judge Fish
as well as seven other administrative law judges at the NLRB.  There I
have had the opportunity to do some extensive research and writing on
8(a)(1), 8(a)(3), and 8(a)(5) violations. I also analyzed the history
behind the NLRA and IRCA to research how to best protect undocumented
immigrants under our nation’s labor laws while not infringing on
immigration policy.

I would describe myself as passionate, enthusiastic and easy to work
with.  As you may see from my letter from the editor in The Visible
Hand, the Cornell economics publication, I am passionate in my quest
for knowledge as well as dedicated and hardworking.  The law fascinates
me because while evolving to reflect our political state it still
preserves a system of justice and order first implemented by our fore
fathers.  Lawyers I believe, are given the gift of persuasion in order
to do “the right thing” in the face of competing interests.

Thank you for your time and please feel free to contact me if your have
any questions. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes,

Anna Nesterova

University of Michigan School of Law J.D. Candidate Dec. 2007

(See attached file: june 29.doc)(See attached file: Michigan Law Resume
5[1].doc)
***This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named, and
may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are
copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the
contents of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this email in error, please delete the email and notify the sender if we are
sending you materials in error.***

Circular 230 Disclosure Notice. To insure compliance with requirements
imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any tax
advice that may be contained in this communication (including any
attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used,
for the purpose of avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or any state or local tax law to which a  governmental requirement similar to Circular 230 applies.