[Fredslist] Parents Day

Edward Repper ERepper at erpactuaries.com
Mon Jun 19 11:38:33 EDT 2006

It would be difficult not to dilute the meaning of the individual
holidays if they are combined into one "potent" holiday.

Mothers Day is both the recognition and celebration of the sacrifices
that a Mother offers her child.

Fathers Day is the same, however, for almost everyone, the gifts of a
Mother are different, but no more or less important that the gifts that
a Father provides.

Mothers Day is a time that I think about what makes my Mother so
special.  My Father was special as well, and Fathers Day is a time that
I think about my Father.

We should continue to encourage the virtues and the responsibilities of
Motherhood and Fatherhood.  We should continue to celebrate both Mothers
Day and Fathers Day, in acknowledgment of the positive impact that both
Mothers and Fathers have to the individual child, AND to the building of
a strong society.

Edward Repper, EA, MSPA

Principal

ERP Actuaries & Consultants