[Fredslist] Pope's Sunday blessing- your other thoughts on Rome/Positano

Rebecca Selvenis selvenisr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 14:38:50 EDT 2006

Hello,

I will be in Rome on Sunday, July 2.  We are going to be travelling to
Positano that evening but didn't want to leave Rome before the Pope's Sunday
blessing.  Does anyone have details on this?  I understand that it is
usually at noon.

How long does it last?
Is there a community mass before or after?
How does one find out in advance if he is out of town?

Any thoughts on travel from Rome to Positano (Amalfi Coast) would be
appreciated.  I believe we are taking the high-speed train to Naples and bus
from there.

Also, restaurants and inside tips for Rome or Positano would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Rebecca