[Fredslist] urgent help needed re home insurance claim problem

squad at aol.com squad at aol.com
Tue Jul 25 15:20:39 EDT 2006

 Hi everyone -

On 12/30/06, I discovered my house in Dutchess County suffered a steam leak that destroyed the house.  I had a "public adjuster" (representing me to the insurance company, Electric Ins.) handle the claim all these months.

We had, I thought, just settled on the house claim (contents were still being estimated) when I got a letter from the insurance company's attorney that they want me to interview me under oath, plus they want tons of personal documents and records of mine.  Incidentally, the leak came from under the sink, from the kitchen which had been brand-newly renovated before I purchased the house.  Essentially, they are saying that they want to establish that the renovations were not done by me and that this was not a scam by me, but I fear how they might manipulate the situation.

Anyway, I need an attorney who could review this claim and either come with me to this deposition (currently scheduled for 7/28, I'm sure to be postponed), or better yet, make it all go away and settle the claim.

Is there anyone in Gotham who can help me with this?

thanks so much -
Squad

Armanda Squadrilli
REAL ESTATE MADE PAINLESS