[Fredslist] Positions in NYC

gthomas at artstaffing.com gthomas at artstaffing.com
Wed Jul 19 17:11:16 EDT 2006

Dear Gotham:  We are seeking experienced candidates for the following
positions, one in a commercial gallery and one in a museum.  Please refer
candidates to me at gthomas at artstaffing.com.  Stay cool!  Best, Geri

Finance Manager

For our major museum client, we are seeking a Finance Manager.  The
successful candidate will assist the museum's CFO and department with all
aspects of a major building program; handle all related bills, contracts and
vendor relationships; prepare related cash flow reports; compile financial
information for grants and monitor related budgets; other special projects
as assigned.  The ideal applicant will be a strong team player with an
ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; excellent interpersonal
and presentation skills and extensive MS office skills are essential.  BA
required and background in non-profit accounting, operations or finance
essential; MBA or CPA desired.  Experience with Systems, Facilities and/or
Human Resources preferred. Candidates with experience in the arts and
cultural organization preferred. Salary to $80K with excellent benefits.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to
gthomas at artstaffing.com

Executive Assistant & Office Manager

For our internationally renowned Upper East Side gallery client we are
seeking an Executive Assistant & Office Manager.  The successful applicant
will manage all administrative matters of the gallery and staff, including
all correspondence, calendar and travel arrangements for the Director;
maintain bank accounts, receipts, invoice files and financial records and
serve as the primary financial contact for all accounts; oversee the office
and staff and liaise with all clients in the Director's absence; order all
supplies and services; coordinate incoming and outgoing works of art
including insurance, shipping arrangements and bank transfers; organize and
host openings, receptions and other special events; manage all logistics of
gallery participation in art fairs, auctions and special programming; liaise
with art handlers, caterers, vendors, conservators, independent consultants,
etc., as necessary; all other related tasks.  The ideal applicant will have
at 5-10 years experience working as an administrator in a major art gallery,
possess financial acumen and excellent organizational, communication and
client relations skills, be proficient with computer programs and databases,
and have the ability to multi-task and set and meet deadlines.  General
knowledge of 19th and 20th century art required; some bookkeeping experience
and German and/or French a plus.  A long-term commitment is important.  This
is not a Sales position. Salary to $75-80K, plus excellent benefits.  Please
send resume, cover letter and three references to: gthomas at artstaffing.com

Geri Thomas, President
Thomas & Associates, Inc.
6 East 39th Street, Suite 1200