[Fredslist] Mayor Bloomberg Calls for Citywide Electronic Health Records

Raj Goel raj at brainlink.com
Thu Feb 9 12:56:13 EST 2006

Fellow Gothamites,

 	You've heard me talk about NYEMR - my goal to create a Electronic
Medical Records research & training center with one of the major schools
in the city (i.e. Hunter, Columbia, NYU, etc.)

 	Here's what Mayor Bloomberg has to say about EHR:

In last year's budget proposal, President George Bush called for $100 million
to fund new projects in health information technology.

This week, New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg called for the same amount to
be spent for health IT in his city. The proposal to equip 100 city-operated
clinics and doctors' offices with EHR (electronic health records) could lead to
one of the world's biggest experiments in health IT.

The goal is to use EHR to provide preventive care for poor patients, thus
cutting hospitalization costs.

- http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1918395,00.asp

QUESTION:
Does anyone know how I can contact Thomas Frieden's office (NYC Health
Commisioner) or Mayor Bloomberg's and jump on board with this initiative?

-- Raj

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
"IT Crisis Management and Solutions"
HIPAA, PCI/CISP Credit Card, Sarbanes-Oxley & GLBA Information Security
Compliance