[Fredslist] Psyche-Up Music Suggestions

Eric J. Miller ejm at carnegie-ltd.com
Tue Feb 7 23:15:21 EST 2006

Fellow Gothamites,

Taking Yogi Bera's philosophy to heart that "90% of this game is ½ mental", getting kids pumped and believing they can play baseball well is 90% of the battle (wait, or is it 50%?).  As just one part of a mostly improvisational coaching methodology, I am looking for music selections to psyche up, inspire, motivate and "Pump-up-the-volume" for my 10 year old son's baseball team during practice and warm-ups.  And help my son and me helps Gotham too!  Once compiled, I'll give two copies of my final selections to Fred for use at our own Gotham Bombers Softball games (one for both the A & the B teams!).

Think: the psyche up value of the music before the Knicks game at the Garden (well, on second thought, maybe they are bad example, but you know what I mean).

Some initial suggestions are:

Every track from every 'Rocky' sound track

'Start me Up" - Stones

We are the Champions & We will Rock you (stomp-stomp-clap, stomp-stomp-clap) - Queen

Can't touch this - MC Hammer

Bad to the Bone -- George Thoroughgood.

I'm asking for help because as you can see from my brief sample list, the batteries in my walkman ran out in 1987 and I'm not familiar with any song written since then.  Rather than appear to my son and his teammates as hopelessly out of date as I really am, I thought the resources at Gotham would allow me to seem, at least slightly, contemporary.

If you have one song or a whole play list, please forward your recommendations as any and all are appreciated.  Thanks Gotham!

Only 31 more days until Yankee Spring Training!

Regards,

Eric J. Miller

Carnegie Associates Ltd

680 Fifth Avenue 25th Floor at 54th Street

New York, NY 10019

212-843-9404 - direct dial

212-843-0435 - fax

EJM at Carnegie-Ltd.com