[Fredslist] A Wild Wing Bowl 14 has Concluded!

Larry Beckler larry at becklerlaw.com
Fri Feb 3 10:07:07 EST 2006

For those of you who found my article on WingBowl 14 even remotely
interesting, please find below a recap of this morning's action.

Dateline - Philadelphia

Unable to find my pilot, I caught this morning's gastronomic action on local
Philadelphia radio station 610 WIP via the internet.  In front of a capacity
crowd of nearly 20,000 gluttons, the action commenced at about 6:30 a.m.
with the Wing Bowl Parade featuring the scantily clad Wingettes and last
year's champion El Wingador, who was inducted into the Wing Bowl Hall of
Fame.  To get the early arriving crowd loosened up, one spectator set some
kind of "record" for smashing beer cans against his skull.  John Belushi
would have been proud.

After the initial festivities had concluded, the contestants were brought
before the crowd in a frenzy of cheers and jeers.  Among the crowd the
following standout contestants were given detailed descriptions.  Wing Tutt
arrived being carried on a litter manned by six minions and assorted
prancing nymphs; Norseboy showed up, horns on his head, ready to master the
rough seas of hot sauce; and Dr. Winglove sported a maniacal look of hunger
as they made their way to their designated spots. The competition commenced
in a hail of fingers, sauce and chicken, with the contestants relying on
their guts in more ways than one.  The first heat ended with many
contestants leaving in a certain amount of gastric distress; however, it
would be the second heat that determined the "true" champion.

The wild second heat prompted the judges to put into effect the seldom used
"you heave, you leave" rule, and when the dust cleared, Joey Chestnutt, who
chugged a gallon of milk in 42 second to earn his berth in the contest, held
a commanding lead with 155 wings.  Finally in a showdown with the
tournament's oldest competitor, The Locust, 78, Joey Chestnutt set a new
Wing Bowl record with 173 wings. Whew!

For his trouble, Mr. Chestnutt won a Suzuki Grand Vitara.  And if there was
any justice to this tournament, he would also be awarded a year's supply of
Pepcid AC.

Have a great Superbowl weekend everyone.

Now get back to work.

Assisting entrepreneurs in building their dreams.
Streamlining the operations of existing businesses.

The Law Office of Laurence B. Beckler
575 Madison Avenue, Suite #1006
New York, NY 10022-2511
TEL: (917) 596-1917
FAX: (212) 504-2820
E-MAIL: larry at becklerlaw.com
www.becklerlaw.com

This electronic transmission ("email") contains confidential and proprietary
information of the sender identified at the end of the email or in the
attachment and is intended for the named recipient only. All contents are
the copyright property of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are required to respect the sender's worldwide legal rights and to
delete the email and destroy all copies in your system; you are prohibited
by law from further copying or distribution of the email or disclosure of
its contents. Kindly notify the sender if you received this email in error
so that we can resend it to the intended recipient. We appreciate your
cooperation.