[Fredslist] "Project Happy" needs your help

Judy Mines jmines at tagonline.com
Mon Apr 10 12:01:03 EDT 2006

Hello Gothamites,

On Saturdays I volunteer at a program held at Hunter College called
"Project Happy"
I recently found out that Easter Seals is dropping their sponsorship of
this program.
The funding is not as much of an issue as finding a new foundation to
sponsor
the program since it is in conjunction with Hunter College.

Below you will find the mission statement and a link to a short movie
clip that gives
you an idea of what we do.

Thanks,
Judy Mines

Link to video:
http://ericpomert.com/ProjectHappy/

Project HAPPY

Mission Statement

Project HAPPY’s mission is to help young people with mental and
physical disabilities develop important life skills by providing them
with the opportunity to participate in sports and recreational
activities.

We aim to:

•	Help our participants develop essential social and athletic skills
through a variety of team and individual sports as well as artistic
programs such as   dance and arts and crafts.

•	Encourage our participants, vast majority of whom live in low-income
and often single-parents homes, to develop self confidence and esteem
and use physical activities as a healthy outlet for their energy and
emotions.

•	Help our participants advocate for themselves and pursue purposeful
and productive lives.

•	Inspire our volunteers to pursue health-related careers, and support
and advocate for people with disabilities.

Thanks,
Judy Mines
Judy Mines
Business Development
TAG Online, Inc.
Internet Design, Development and Hosting
Phone: (973) 783-5583
Cell Phone: (917) 841-6521
Email: jmines at tagonline.com
Website: www.tagonline.com