[Fredslist] Expediter Position NYC

Geri Thomas gthomas at artstaffing.com
Sun Apr 9 15:06:11 EDT 2006

SHIPPING EXPEDITER position available; immediate hire.
For our auction house client we are seeking a Shipping Expediter for their
Art Transport Department. The successful candidate will arrange for and
coordinate all aspects of domestic and/or international transport and
delivery both to and from clients. Duties include coordinating with
vendors, determining and assigning tariff codes for the import and export
of property, communication with high-profile clients and the preparation
of documents including invoices and customs clearance forms.
The ideal applicant will have at least three years experience in
commercial or trade shipping with automated import/export coordination
systems and facility with pc computers including Word & Excel; facility
with 3-dimensional calculations, volumetrics, etc. Excellent interpersonal
and communications skills required. B.A. preferred. Salary TBD: excellent
benefits. Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements directly to:
gthomas at artstaffing.com.

Geri Thomas, President
Thomas & Associates, Inc.
6 East 39th Street, New York, NY 10016.