[Fredslist] Please help with my generations survey

Phyllis Weiss Haserot pwhaserot at pdcounsel.com
Fri Sep 9 15:58:48 EDT 2005

Dear Gothamites:

WANTED: YOUR OPINIONS AND INSIGHTS

There are now 4 generations in the workplace, and there has been a great deal of analysis of the differences among them by a number of researchers and commentators, including me. However, from my experience and observations, the approximately 20 year time spans commonly defining the Baby Boomers and Generation X seem too broad, and I see significant differences between the older and younger half of each of these generations. This has practical significance which I am endeavoring to emphasize.

I would appreciate your opinions and insights for an article and OP-Ed that I am writing on the subject of "Tweaking the generational age categories and definitions." Please answer the following questions. You can simply hit "Reply," type in your responses, and send them back to me. If at all possible, please respond by Wednesday, September 15th.

Please send this message on to other insightful people you know, including friends, colleagues and adult children.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and thoughts.

With appreciation and good wishes,

Phyllis

SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE: GENERATION SURVEY

When you think of the Baby Boomer generation:

  a.. What are the positive attributes that come to mind?

  a.. What are the negative attributes?

  a.. Do you see differences between people age 50-62 and 41-50?   What differences?

When you think of Generation X:

  a.. What are the positive attributes that come to mind?

  a.. What are the negative attributes?

  a.. Do you see differences between people age 34-40 and 26-33?   What differences?

What generation do you consider yourself to be part of?

Phyllis Weiss Haserot
Practice Development Counsel
Consulting/Coach to the Next Generation
Author of "The Rainmaking Machine: Marketing Planning, Strategy and Management"

* Next Generation, Next Destination*
* Succeed in Your Own Personal Style *
* Build Your Influence Quotient (IQ) *
* Get a Seat at the Table *