[Fredslist] Website SEO Issues -- possible Gotham roundtable discussion

David Abeshouse davidlaw at optonline.net
Wed Nov 30 16:46:28 EST 2005

At our blockbuster semi-annual Gotham cocktail party event last evening,
Fred asked me to send an e-mail to the listserv about something that arose
out of a conversation at the party.

With due apologies to SEO professionals, the idea is to put together a
roundtable discussion -- at the level of the "lowest common denominator" --
regarding the practical experiences of Gotham members in the context of SEO
(Search Engine Optimization) -- the art and science dedicated to getting
your website (or blog) to rank high in Google and other search engines.
This would be a conversation among those of us who with some measure of
success have "done it ourselves" or with a little help from our friends,
without engaging the services of professionals.  Naturally, SEO experts
would be welcomed, in the inclusive spirit of Gotham.

I think Fred nominated me to collect e-mails expressing interest, and you
don't say "no" to Fred (I value my kneecaps).  So please e-mail me in the
next couple of days if you're interested, and advise whether you'd prefer an
evening meeting in Manhattan (Fred said that if there is sufficient
interest, he'd arrange for it to be at the Friars Club) or on Long Island
(in which case it either could be at a conference room at my office or at an
area watering hole).

Naturally, I invite Fred to refine the idea if I've stated any aspect of it
too broadly or incoherently.  If it's the latter, blame it on the lingering
effect of that one last vodka I had last evening.

Best regards,

David Abeshouse
Gotham L.I.

David at BizLawNY.com