[Fredslist] Attorney Referral - Acquisition of Minority Corporation

Zahn, Bari bzahn at torys.com
Tue Nov 22 19:34:24 EST 2005

> Dear Gotham Family,
>
> A friend of my works for a company in New Jersey (the "Acquirer") that
> is looking to acquire a Manhattan based company, which is is
> wholly-owned by a woman (the "Target").  The Target is treated as a
> minority-owned business for U.S. federal and state law purposes and
> the Target owner wants it to retain such status while she remains
> employed with Acquirer pursuant to an earn-out agreement.  The
> Acquirer is looking for a corporate attorney that specializes in
> minority owned businesses to structure the transction. If anyone could
> provide a referral that would be great.
>
> Bari Zahn
> Torys LLP
> Tel: 	212.880.6106
> Fax:	212.682.0200
> mailto:bzahn at torys.com
> <www.torys.com>
> -
> This is to advise you in accordance with U.S. Treasury Regulations,
> that unless otherwise indicated, any U.S. federal tax advice set forth
> in this communication, including attachments, may not be relied upon
> by any person for the purpose of avoiding the imposition of penalties
> by the Internal Revenue Service.

This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and may be privileged or confidential. Any distribution, printing or other use by anyone else is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, and permanently delete this email and attachments.