[Fredslist] Important Gotham Softball Correction

Donald M. Bernstein dbernstein at victorbernstein.com
Thu May 5 17:04:12 EDT 2005

    The risk of writing a play by play account of the Gotham softball games is that it is prone to errors.  It is not easy to be both into the game as a player and try to record everything as an observer and do it correctly and fairly.  Invariably people and events get left out.  Most of the mistakes, which are mine alone, are ignored.

    But this time it merits correction.  I mistakenly reported who hit the winning RBI in this past Tuesdays' game, a game which we won in the final inning.  I was on base, was caught up in the excitement and nervous about scoring, and on top of that I am losing my memory.

     In fact, it was Carol Orlando who gave us that last great hit that scored the winning run.  Adding that to her other great plays which I already reported, the MVP then has to be shared with Carol, who literally won the game for us.  Shame on me for getting something so important to the team wrong.

    Next week I will take my Gingo Baloba.  If only I can remember where I put it.....