[Fredslist] Golf and Tennis outing (AFTER SPELLCHECK NOW - FRED PLS REPLACE PREVIOUS)

Shinecorp at aol.com Shinecorp at aol.com
Wed May 4 07:58:54 EDT 2005

In our way out to the Engineers Club we faced the first  challange....to
find
a cloud in the sky. The blue sky was beautiful,  the weather in mid 60's,
the
sun welcoming us.

A line of cars  showed us that the attendance would be great....and more
than
110  players were present.

A wonderful brunch was waiting for us and we were  all warming ourselves up
for the great events....golf and tennis. It  was a complete, varied and
wholesome brunch for all tastes and desires  (of brunch).

Quickly we went to the driving range and putting green as  noon time  was
approaching. At the putting green I sunk 5 out of 6  balls.....very
exciting! I
was getting ready.

Seven (or was it  nine?) tennis players were driven somewhere else for their
tournament.  The golfers were called to their carts at noon. The sky was
still
blue.....one or another white cloud could however be spotted. Still nothing
to  fear about.

When we were about to finish the 9th hole (on a  shotgun tournament)  more
clouds were fighting among themselves to  cover the sun....the blue sky was
becoming ......cloudy. The  temperature was going down.....maybe not downhill
as
our game, but  down for sure.

As more holes were being finished it was becoming really  cold. Fred  was
"undercover" his green winter/rain jacket, hood on  already. We were all
pretty
cold putting our extra jackets and  sweaters on.....soon  some sparse drops
were
falling....but the rain  could only be seen  far away, as the new clouds were
now gray, and dark  gray.....and  black.

My group....Lucille, Joan and Bruce......ah! we  were having fun. The group
in front of us were so slow (uhmmmmm.....I  can't remember anyone's
name.....)
that we could have gone  pick-nicking.

By the time were finishing our 18th hole we were really  freezing, looking
forward for a drink, or at least for a very hot  shower.....

A very special cocktail was waiting for us. 1st. class. We  could mingle,
talk, get acquainted and, of course....drink.

And  then the dinner. Know what? It was great too. A wonderful dinner,
though
self-service, very well served. Again so much to be found and all  tastes
were satisfied. The killer was the Tartufo for dessert.  WOW!

During dinner prizes were given out for winners of tennis and golf.  It was
great idea to give a list of the winners of raffle prizes,  leaving only the
4
biggest prizes to be announced. Great idea!.

In  the meantime, outside it was pouring. Thank you G'd for sparing us of
the
rain specially of the heavy rain. We drove home on a very different
weather.....strong rain, wind and, of course, very dark. But, and a big but,
we  were
certainly all very happy for having had that very wonderful  day.

Thank you for everybody who helped in organizing that day. We all  know  that
you worked hard to offer us that very special day.

We  shall all be thankful for being able to join and participate in such a
great event.