[Fredslist] Citigroup Alternative Investments Named "Institutional Manager of the Year"

Dichter, Dan [PVTC] dan.dichter at smithbarney.com
Wed Jul 27 09:48:55 EDT 2005

Please call me if you have any questions or would like to discuss
present and future opportunities...

Citigroup Alternative Investments Named "Institutional Manager of the
Year"

NEW YORK, NY - On June 29, 2005, Citigroup Alternative Investments (CAI)
was named "Institutional Manager of the Year" by Institutional Investor
News/Alternative Investment News at the 3rd Annual Alternative
Investment News Hedge Fund Industry Awards dinner in New York City.

Citigroup Alternatives Investments was nominated in the category, along
with Barclays Global Investors, JPMorgan, Martin Currie and Threadneedle
Asset Management.   Alternative Investment News described Citigroup
Alternative Investments as the following: "The investment giant, which
manages $92 billion in alternatives, launched a multi-strategy hedge
fund platform to invest in up to 50 internal managers. [Note: As of May
31, 2005, CAI managed $101.1 billion in alternatives.] The platform is
managed by newly constructed subsidiary Tribeca Global, headed by Tanya
Styblo Beder."

Another reason cited for CAI's victory is its increased commitment to
developing its footprint in Europe, hiring Philip Anker from Deutsche
Bank Absolute Return Strategies to build out up Citi's European sales
organization. CAI now has nine representatives in Europe focused on
institutional investors and a total of 22 sales professional globally.
"We are proud that our efforts to build out our institutional platform
have received this recognition," said Michael A. Carpenter, CAI's
chairman and chief executive officer. "We are committed to increasing
our hedge fund presence, and we look forward to continued development of
institutional product offerings."

Citigroup Alternative Investments (CAI), which ranks among the world's
largest alternative asset managers in terms of assets under management,
offers a wide range of alternative asset classes including private
equity, hedge funds, real estate, structured products and managed
futures.  Despite its size, CAI fosters a spirit of entrepreneurialism
within each of its twelve boutique investment centers.  This enables our
talented investment professionals to obtain the autonomy required to
capitalize on evolving opportunities while benefiting from the vast
intellectual, operational and financial resources of the world's largest
financial institutional.  By selecting CAI as their alternative
investment manager, our clients enjoy the best of both worlds: the
creativity and agility of a small investment boutique combined with the
institutional strength of Citigroup.  CAI has offices in New York,
London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Mexico City.  Additional information can be
found at www.citigroupai.com.

_________________________________
Daniel G. Dichter
Second Vice President - Investments
Smith Barney | Citigroup Global Markets
31 West 52nd Street, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10019
p. (212) 603-6178
f.  (212) 307-3863
dan.dichter at smithbarney.com

Reminder:  E-mail sent through the Internet is not secure.
Do not use e-mail to send us confidential information
such as credit card numbers, changes of address, PIN
numbers, passwords, or other important information.
Do not e-mail orders to buy or sell securities, transfer
funds, or send time sensitive instructions. We will not
accept such orders or instructions.  This e-mail is not
an official trade confirmation for transactions executed
for your account.  Your e-mail message is not private in
that it is subject to review by the Firm, its officers,
agents and employees.