[Fredslist] How to legally bring a nanny to U.S.??

Bruce L. Klein blk at gimllc.com
Fri Jul 22 17:25:04 EDT 2005

I have a specific person I know who lives in Zimbabwe who we would like
to ask to nanny for us for 1 year.  She would only work for us part of
the time, and part of the time she would seek other employment.  Can
anyone help me understand the legal questions involved of how she gets a
visa, type of visa, difficulty of attaining it, etc?  We have held off
asking her because we don't want to extend the offer until we know that
we can legally accomplish what we want to do.

Does anybody have experience with this, or can somebody point me in the
right direction?

Thanks very much from your newest chapter in Chicago ...

Bruce  L. Klein, CFA
Geneva Investment Management of Chicago, LLC
181 W Madison   Suite 3750
Chicago, IL   60015
Phone  312.422.1769
Fax      312.578.9302
Mobile  847.845.2408
blk at gimllc.com   www.gimllc.com

www.gimllc.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This E- mail is not being sent over a secure network. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.  E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version.  This message is provided for informational purposes and should not be construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments.