[Fredslist] Networking Help

Carol Seelig caseelig at sprintmail.com
Wed Jul 6 11:57:00 EDT 2005

Hi:  Although I continue to represent a high net worth individual, this
function is isolating.  I'm looking to find a second career opportunity that
will keep me engaged with other colleagues.  I'm willing to start at the
bottom and rise to what ever level is appropriate.  Neither compensation nor
status are concerns.

I signed up with a couple of temp agencies with the hope that I'd get
assignments to different types of companies and get a better feel for
different types of businesses.  So far, I haven't received any calls but
that may be because they focus on law firms and financial institutions and I
know about those industries after working with them for 20+ years.

So, now I'm asking for your help.  If anyone knows of someone in the food
import business and/or the gourmet food business that I could talk to, I'd
appreciate an introduction.  I love to cook and already know a fair amount
about different types of food and wines so I thought this might be a good
blend of avocation and vocation.  If any of you can make any suggestions,
I'd love to hear them.

As I celebrate my 57th birthday today, I know that I don't "feel" that old -
however that is suppose to feel.  I know that I want to continue working for
as long as possible - at this stage of the game retirement just isn't that
appealing to me.

Although there is a general consensus that people are working longer and
that 2nd careers are common, I'm finding that attitudes when faced with an
employment decision are skeptical.  People find it hard to believe that if
you have achieve success in one profession that you are willing to start at
the bottom in another.  I am.  I'm willing to be considered for an entry
level position that a new college grad would get and assuming things worked
out can see myself working for another 10-15 years.  After doing the
research I have done, I can tell that this is going to require a personal
introduction so that the HR department will feel comfortable that I won't
get bored and quit and they will have wasted time training me.

Your help and support is appreciated.

Carol A. Seelig

85 Fifth Avenue, 11th Floor

New York, NY 10003

p.  212-206-0736

m. 917-596-7755

caseelig at sprintmail.com

This e-mail may contain confidential material which is also subject to the
attorney client priviledge.  If you receive this e-mail in error please
notify the sender and delete it from your computer.