[Fredslist] Gotham Profile: Gotham Asian Group Co-Chair - Mynoon Doro

Fred Klein fklein at kzrd.com
Wed Dec 14 14:44:51 EST 2005

Periodically we profile an interesting Gothamite and after being blown away
by the recent Asian Group meeting I asked Mynoon Doro, the Co-Chair of the
group to submit to an interview and the following is the pleasant result:

[Fred]:  Congratulations, Mynoon, the Gotham Asian Group (nicknamed "GANG")
is one of the fastest growing and most unique groups within the Gotham
family. What do you think contributes to the success of the group?

[Mynoon]: I have the strong support of Co-Chair, Ken Stuart, and the Group
Coordinator, Lorraine Walla. We try to make our evening meetings fun and
provide members experiences at different Asia restaurants to gain a better
understanding of Asian culture. In addition, I have clients/friends from
many different industries and they help to contribute to the overall
excitement of the group meetings, such as an Asian wine tasting, imported
clothing and other items for sale, raffles, etc. We plan out in detail how
we can make each Asian group meeting more successful than the prior
meeting.

[Fred]:  Rumor has it that GANG is going to have a "Chinese New Year's
Banquet" on January 26, 2006.

[Mynoon]: Yes, Lorraine and I are identifying the Chinese Restaurant to
accommodate the large number of Gotham family members who may be interested
in joining us to experience an authentic Chinese Banquet. I hope we can
attract 100-150 people to participate and experience Gotham Asian Group's
magic. We will waive the "no compete rule" for this event.

[Fred]: You are someone who really understands both Asian and U.S.
business. What is your background?

[Mynoon]: I was born in Taiwan and came to this country as an immigrant
when I was 15 years old. I earned my
B.S. Degree in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from Columbia
University, and my Masters Degree from Yale University. Prior to joining
Merrill Lynch, I was a corporate executive at Lucent Technologies, as
Managing Vice President for Asia Pacific and as General Manager for their
Joint Venture in Shanghai. I lived abroad (Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and
Wuhan, China and Taiwan), and in the U.S. (Florida, Massachusetts, New York
and New Jersey) and as a result you could say that I am well traveled
worldwide. I am married to a physician and the mother of twin sons.

[Fred]: I know Gotham is not your only endeavor, can you share with us some
of your other recent achievements?

[Mynoon]: I am currently serving as a board member at the Society of Women
Engineers, and Zonta International, NY chapter; a mentor at Women Venture
Fund, and Yale Asian American Association. I was a keynote speaker for the
Columbia Engineering School graduating class of 2004 and 2005. I was
elected judge by the NYC Commission for Women Issues to judge women
entrepreneurs in 2005 and 2006. I was awarded as one of the "50 Outstanding
Asian Americans in Business," in June, 2005, and was sponsored by the
Chinese government to attend a "Highly Achieved Overseas Chinese Women
Entrepreneur" conference in June, 2005.

[Fred]: After all of that impressive list what do you do at your day job at
Merrill?

[Mynoon]: I am a Financial Advisor in the Global Private Client Group.
Through Merrill Lynch, I am able to provide a wide array of
financial/investment services including: Commerical and residential
mortgages, insurance, comprehensive financial planning, retirement planning
(Defined Benefit, 401K, SEP, Simple IRA, etc.), estate planning, college
planning, and investment portfolio management. My goal is to preserve and
grow wealth for each and every one of my clients.

[Fred]: Who is your ideal client?

[Mynoon]: Anyone who faces changes in his/her life - those getting married,
changing jobs, having a child, divorcing, buying or selling property, or
those who are unsatisfied with their portfolio and in need of good
financial advice on how to handle these changes to invest appropriately.

[Fred]: Thank you for all you do and please reserve me a spot at the
January 26th "Chinese New Year's Banquet"!

__________________________________
Fred C. Klein
Klein, Zelman, Rothermel & Dichter, L.L.P
485 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 935-6020
fklein at legal.org
http://www.kzrd.com
http://www.gothamnetworking.com

***This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named, and
may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are
copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the
contents of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this email in error, please delete the email and notify the sender if we are
sending you materials in error.***