[Fredslist] A show I highly recommend

Phyllis Weiss Haserot pwhaserot at pdcounsel.com
Mon Apr 25 18:48:12 EDT 2005

I have been involved with Musical Mondays Theater Lab since 2002 when it was a part of a not-for-profit arts organizations I was a Board member of. They do wonderful shows in their early stages with major Broadway talent. The next show is Monday May 2nd at 6:15-7:30pm. The details are below. I hope you will attend.

Jenny Giering was a big hit at a Fall event I arranged for the President's Council of Cornell Women,  (even if she is a Harvard grad). She is a composer with a beautifula singing voice and very engaging.  I am excited to see that Rebecca Luker, a major Broadway star (who I just saw in a terrific performance at the York Theater last week) will be joining her. I am sure it will be a wonderful time!

All best,
Phyllis

Barry Weiner Group

Phyllis Weiss Haserot
Practice Development Counsel
Consulting/Coach to the Next Generation
Author of "The Rainmaking Machine: Marketing Planning, Strategy and Management"

Voice:: 212-593-1549
Fax:      212-980-7940
pwhaserot at pdcounsel.com
please visit: www.pdcounsel.com

Musical Mondays Theatre Lab
Affirming the future of American Musicals
Mailing address: 125 Washington Place, Suite 6E, NYC 10014-3866
Theatre address: 45th Street Theatre, 354 West 45th Street, NYC
        (between 8th and 9th Aves.)
 MMTL Box Office: 212 989-6706 or reserve at MusicalMondays at aol
                                                       Spring 2005  E-Newsletter

Musical Mondays Teams with Musicals Tonight!
45th Street Theatre Series Highlights New Writers from
BMI Workshop
Rebecca Luker Guest Stars with Jenny Giering and Friends
May 2
    Musical Mondays Theatre Lab has been invited to produce three evenings at the 45th Street home of Musicals Tonight!, the Obie Winning company dedicated to the revival of "neglected" musicals On 6:15 PM. Monday, May 2, Musical Mondays will present songs by winner of the Jonathan Larson and Fredrick Loewe Awards, composer and performer, Jenny Giering.  Her work has been performed at the Eugene O’Neill Theatre Center, Theatreworks/Palo Alto, Barrington Stage Company and The Williamstown Theatre Festival,
     Rebecca Luker, recently seen on Broadway as Claudia in Nine and Maria in The Sound of Music, is a Tony® Nominee for her portrayals of Magnolia in Show Boat and Marian the Librarian in The Music Man.  Luker has over a dozen CDs to her credit including both solo and cast albums.   She previously appeared in Musical Monday’s Shorts , an evening of ten minute musicals from the BMI Workshop.  Jenny’s other performing friends include Robin Skye (Les Miserables, The New Yorkers), Rachel Ulamet (Flight of the Lawnchair Man, King David), Singer-Songwriter Michael Arden, Sally Wilfert (Adventures of Tom Sawyer, King David, Assassins),and Michael Winther (Damn Yankees, Mamma Mia, 1776)

    Reservations: 212 989-6706 or musicalmondays at aol.com. $15.00

     Next up: May 16.  A one hour taste of a new musical, Barbara Anselmi’s The Big Picture.   A standout feature of the 2004 BMI-Manhattan Theatre Club Showcase, this new musical takes a skewed look at a modern-day wedding.

Grants to MMTL
 Musical Mondays was just awarded two grants for the fiscal year 2005-6.  The first, from the Lambs Foundation, is for general operating funds.  The second is from the Producer-Writer Initiative of the National Alliance for Musical Theatre. Details in upcoming newsletters.