[Fredslist] Dreams Fulfilled Concert at Carnegie Hall

JanPresent at aol.com JanPresent at aol.com
Thu Apr 21 13:01:51 EDT 2005

To all the wonderful angels of Gotham, here, there and everywhere:

Following is a letter written by Louis Yungling. Please take the time to
read it from start to finish.The letter is self-explanatory. Louis is presenting
a concert at Carnegie Hall on June 2nd, the proceeds of which will directly
benefit The High School for Leadership & Public Service. Louis has paid all
the expenses himself. Every penny raised will go to Fred's and my favorite
charity. I am asking each of you to get behind this project. We need to sell 280
seats. The details are all outlined below. Please purchase a ticket if  you
are able, or perhaps send  a contribution.

After all, a $50 contribution can buy two seats for two kids who would
otherwise not be able to attend. We can achieve $20-$40,000 if we work together.
It will buy lots of "stuff" to further enrich our school.

Please help us to make this Dreams Fulfilled Concert a  reality.

Thanks and hugs:

JWP

THE FRIENDS OF THE HIGH SCHOOL
FOR LEADERSHIP & PUBLIC SERVICE
485 MADISON AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
Tel (212) 935-6020 * Fax (212)  753-8101
Dear Friend,
I have recently been inspired by a small New York  City high school and have
begun a mission to help the young people of this  school attain success,
happiness and become life-long learners. As an educator,  I know students can
flourish when given the proper tools. As a pianist, I know  the proper tools extend
beyond books. Both joy and inspiration can be found
through music. That is why I have created a special concert on June 2, 2005
to benefit these very special students. The High School for Leadership and
Public Service has caught my attention because it employs a variety of unique
programs to encourage each student to reach his or her potential. As the name
implies students focus on community, service and leadership- important
qualities  for our future leaders. Students travel from all five boroughs to the
school  located in downtown Manhattan and they represent a wide academic range.
The  High School for Leadership and Public Service was created in 1993
through a  unique partnership with the renowned Maxwell School of Citizenship and
Public  Affairs at Syracuse University. While the college helped develop the
school  curriculum and provides interns, many of the school’s programs come from
outside  sources. A core group of individuals
called the Friends of the High School  for Leadership and Public Service do
much of the work along with the high school  faculty.

One of the most influential programs to date has been the Syracuse
University Mentor-Mentee Alliance. It is the first and largest one-to-one mentor
program of its kind and now serves as a model for other colleges and  universities
that wish to create mentoring programs. A host of other programs,
scholarships, and workshops are brought to Leadership with the intent of helping  the
students grow into well-rounded individuals. Top students have an  opportunity to
attend Syracuse University Summer College free of charge. Others  are elected
to attend leadership camps over the summer. The library has been  recently
overhauled with up-to-date materials. A weekly literacy program tutors  those
who need assistance. Dictionaries and calculators are given annually.  Beyond
academics are theatre trips, new clubs and teams, and music classes. The  list
goes on and on. The results have been huge. Students have attended  prestigious
colleges and universities such as Cornell, Columbia, Temple, Penn  State,
Pace, Utica, NYU, and Fordham as well as many other state and city  colleges and
of course quite a few attend Syracuse University. Many earn  scholarships
while others have seen a vast improvement in their grades. They  come back to tell
us what a difference these programs have made. Having a  mentor, receiving
extra help, exposure to the arts all have made an impact.

I recognize it takes time, effort and monetary resources to fund these  tools
and programs. That is why I have arranged a special concert combining two  of
my passions - helping others and music. This concert is unlike any other.
I've assembled a roster of talented musicians who have generously and lovingly
donated their time and talent. Best of all, the concert will take place in the
 world famous Weil Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall.

I am expanding my love for people through fund raising for an  institution
that shares my mission to help children, to help others build lives  they love,
and to spread love and support to all people. I would like to ask you  to
support this wonderful institution of learning and attend this extraordinary
event. All proceeds are tax deductible and will go to The High School for
Leadership and Public Service. Your donation would mean so much to the students.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,
Louis Yungling
Founder, “Dreams Fulfilled” The Concert at Carnegie  Hall

.
THE FRIENDS OF THE HIGH SCHOOL
FOR LEADERSHIP & PUBLIC  SERVICE
485 MADISON AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
Tel (212) 935-6020 *  Fax (212) 753-8101
Reply Form
“Dreams Fulfilled” The Concert at Carnegie  Hall
June 2, 2005
7:00 – 9:00 PM
Yes, I would like to attend “Dreams  Fulfilled” The Concert at Carnegie
Hall.
Please indicate the number of  tickets you would like to purchase and at
which price level.
____Maestro --  $200 per ticket
____Concert Master -- $100 per ticket
____Soloist -- $50  per ticket
____Ensemble -- $35 per ticket
____Choir -- $25 per ticket
____Students/children 16 and under -- $15 per ticket
No, regretfully I  cannot attend, but would like to make a tax-deductible
donation $_________.
This contribution will be matched by:
____My employer
____My  spouse’s employer
Name of Employer:
Ticket purchase deadline is May 15,  2005.
Please make checks payable to “Friends of HSL&PS, Inc.” The  Friends of
HSL&PS is a New York State not for-profit foundation, formed  pursuant to Section
501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your tickets will  be waiting at the
door of Carnegie Hall located at 57th Street and Seventh  Avenue. Please
arrive early to collect all tickets. Mail Completed Forms to:
“Dreams Fulfilled” The Concert at Carnegie Hall
c/o Ms. Jean  S. Wollan
363 East 76th Street, #10C
New York, New York  10021