[Fredslist] Sales Tax Problem

Howard Segal howard at hwsegalpclaw.com
Fri Apr 8 10:30:56 EDT 2005

Gothamites! I have a client who has been presented with a NYS judgment
against him from 1992 assessed for failure to file sales tax returns by a
company now out of business. Apparently his Social Security Number was used
for the business (not a corporation) by the operators (relatives) who have
since passed away.  The client was not involved in the business.  The
Department of Taxation and Finance only has records of the entry of the
judgment for failure to file for 1990 and 1991 but no other backup data or
willingness to discuss the matter, other than a wage execution.

Sorry for the long intro, but I am looking for someone who deals regularly
with resolving matters with the NYS Department of Taxation and Finance on
sales tax problems since I think this will only get resolved by someone who
can talk to other than a staff clerk or collection agent.

Any recommendations can email or call me directly.

I am sure that within Gotham I can find a solution for the client.  Thanks.

Howard Segal

Howard W. Segal, P.C.

845 Third Avenue, Suite 1740

New York, N.Y. 10022