[Fredslist] Review-Beauty Parlor

Fred Klein fklein at legal.org
Sun Apr 3 19:38:05 EDT 2005

Newsday gives it *** and I give Queen Latifah's (she produced and stars in it) Beauty Parlor more. Rarely in my extensive viewing experience has a movie had less "drag". This movie is constantly hip hopping, cracking and crossing over. From the Queen's star turn to Kevin Bacon's Academy Award (supporting) meriting play against type, this movie crackles. Better even than the surprising Barber Shop, this flick is more than junk food. It is can't miss entertainment fun. So there!